IslaTango is the premiere source of Argentine Tango in Hawaii. Offering lessons from internationally recognized tango maestro George Garcia. IslaTango was founded in 1997 and is now a solid tango community in the middle of the Pacific. George stars with Christy Coté in Dance Vision USA's highly acclaimed 20 DVD Argentine Tango Instructional Series. He has performed at the Tango Libertad Show in Tokyo and judged the competitions at the World Tango Festival in Tokyo in 2006 and 2007. George is a DVIDA National Examiner.
- Tango for Absolute Beginners: A four-week series that starts on the first Wednesday of each month. "If you can walk... you can learn to tango" with expert instruction from maestro George Garcia. Class meets on the first four Wednesdays of the month at 7:30-8:30pm with a 2-hour practice session included. See "Lessons" page for details.
- Would you like to take your tango to a higher level? George offers private coaching that gives immediate and long term results for both leader or follower. Learn out how to create that 'Lush Connection' that partners find irresistible.
- Visiting tango instructors - Past workshops with guest instructors throughout the years include Carlos Gavito y Marcela Duran, Hugo y Miriam, Jorge Torres, Graciela Gonzalez, Fabian Salas, Cecilia Gonzales, Christy Coté, Chelsea Eng, Evan Wallace y Michelle Badion, Felix Chavez, Alberto y Valorie, Daniel Trenner, Rebecca Shulman, Brigitte Winkler, Jean-Sebastien Rampazzi, Florencia Tacchetti, Jorge Nel Giraldo y Milena, Gloria and Claudio Otero, Felix Chavez, Emil Sansour y Nazan, Miguel Angel Pla, Julian Miller Ramil y Claudia Lissette, Susana Miller, Cacho Dante, Murat Erdemsel, Michelle Lamb, Marcelo Solis y Yanina Messina, Carlos Stasi and Susana Guevara, Julio Marino, Mirabai Deranja, Akiyoshi y Noriko Tanada, Mariana Ancarola, David Orly-Thompson, Facundo Posadas, Gustavo Benzecry-Saba & Maria Olivera, Fernanda & Guillermo, Irina Rees, Coming soon: Natalia Hills....
George Garcia presents...
Argentine Tango Bootcamp
A Perfect Winter Holiday Vacation with Beach, Surf, Sand, and Tango!
Argentine Tango Bootcamp Immersion - pioneered by Maestro George Garcia - is the most effective way to learn the tango skills you need to survive the Milongas of Buenos Aires, or any city in the world. New to tango?…this immersion course is for you. It’s a fast and fun way of learning to dance Argentine Tango.
Beg/Int Argentine Tango Bootcamp January 22, 23, 24
Fri 7:00-10:00pm: DVIDA Bronze I - Figures 1-5
Sat 3:00-8:00pm: DVIDA Bronze II - Highlights of Figures 6-10
Sun 3:00-8:00pm: Selections from Bronze III
$125/person - $220 per couple - beginners welcome
Int/Adv Close Embrace Bootcamp January 29, 30, 31
Fri 7:00-10:00pm: Highlights of DVIDA Bronze III Figures 11-15
Sat 3:00-8:00pm: Selections from DVIDA Silver I
Sun 3:00-8:00pm: Selections from DVIDA Silver II
$125/person - $220 per couple - experience required
Contact George for registration and information
How We Teach...
Maestro George Garcia teaches solid fundamentals for the leader and follower by establishing a tango vocabulary for the student that combines the basic elements of the dance with a strong musical connection with the partner.
Argentine Tango has several styles: Tango Salon (open-embrace), Tango Milonguero-close-embrace: the preferred style of the dance halls in Buenos Aires and worldwide, and Tango for Performance on the stage. All of these formats are taught. George has taught dance for over 25 years and is a Dance Vision USA National Examiner.
"...If you can walk, you can learn to tango"
"Do's and Don'ts of Inviting and Accepting" by Ney Melo
What is the proper tango etiquette of asking someone to dance? Is there a method? Click here for a great article by Ney: |more|
Save the dates...
January 2016 in Honolulu
Argentine Tango Bootcamp Immersion Courses
with George Garcia
Jan 22, 23, 24 - Basic/Int Argentine Tango
Jan 29, 30, 31 - Int/Adv Argentine Tango
Learn to dance the traditional tango of Buenos Aires with accelerated weekend courses with over 12 hours of instruction per bootcamp!
George's tango bootcamps are a fun, quick and effective way to learn this elegant and classic dance. No partner necessary to sign up. Open to public.
Beg/Int ArgentineTango Bootcamp
No experience required
Jan 22, Fri 7:00-10:00pm
Jan 23, Sat 3:00-8:00pm
Jan 24, Sun 3:00-8:00pm
$125/person - $220 per couple
Int/Adv Argentine Tango Bootcamp
Beg/Int Camp or experience required
Jan 29, Fri 7:00-10:00pm
Jan 30, Sat 3:00-8:00pm
Jan 31, Sun 3:00-8:00pm
$125/person - $220 per couple
$220 for both bootcamps
$380/couple for both bootcamps
Open to the Public
Sign up by January 1st for $10 off
Re-enlisters get another $10 off
PayPal, credit card accepted
Contact George for information and registration
- Four new videos released!
- One of the most complete and best produced series available
- A great way to review what George has taught in class
- George's best students use these DVDs to improve their skills
- Order directly online or see George for more information